It all started with a mouse...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It all started with a mouse...

Anything and everything Disney!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disney Book Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walk on Pooh
Admin
Walk on Pooh

Disney Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Disney Book Reviews   Disney Book Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Thought this would be a fun thing to add, every time I read a Disney book, I can add the reviews here:

Quote :
Inside the Dream - Katherine and Richard Greene

And bam, just like that that. I'm in the middle of one of the biggest book challenges of my life, challenging myself to read seventy-five books within the calendar year of 2012 when I pick up a book that's been on my "Currently-Reading" shelf on goodreads for about two years, a book that I haven't really been avoiding, but that I just needed a nudge in the right direction to finally get around to reading. I got that nudge and with that, I got what is currently my favorite book that I've read so far this year, nearly halfway through the year and I'm sitting at thirty-six books read, almost halfway complete on my challenge.

Here's the thing, there's almost no way I wasn't going to love this book. I'm a huge Disney fan and I'm a big believer in living my personal life in ways that Walt Disney described. Which sounds kinda creepy/cultish and while I'm no where close to worshipping at the Altar of Walt, he has some choice quotes that I think are good philosophies to live your life by. Trust in your fellow man. Having a bad day? Smile, it'll make everything better. Do your best to accomplish your dreams, don't let anything stand in the way of your dreams. All good ideas to live by and all of those things weigh on my mind and remind of how I should be living, when I'm at my favorite place in the world, Walt Disney World.

But Doug, you say. All of this is just what the Disney marketers want you to believe, want you to think, so you'll buy tickets to their very expensive theme park and go to every movie they release within the year. Could you be right? Maybe, probably even. All I know, whether this book is factual and accurate of the man Walt Disney was, doesn't even really matter to me. What I loved about this book, was that yeah, it was pretty sugary about the man, though I don't think it hid all of his flaws and in those chapters and paragraphs, I loved the book even more. But none of it matters, because whoever Walt was, he's inspired people to live their lives a certain way and to do their best to be better and happier people. I've never been happier in my life than when I was standing on the breezeway at the Contemporary resort, proposing to my now fiancee, or standing with her, her sister and my younger sister in front of Cinderella's Castle, watching the fireworks show Wishes. Walt has given me, through his creations and the creations of artists and Imagineers inspired by his work, some of the best memories of my life. So I loved that I got to honor him, in some small way, by reading about his life.
Back to top Go down

Disney Book Reviews
Page 1 of 1